Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blog Manifesto?

I never thought I'd do this again, but this is gonna be my blog.

I'm thinking it's gonna be pretty much an online home for my creative process, where I will note whatever I find interesting whether it be in my life or on the world wide web. I guess I could call this an online art journal, where I will document my musings on art, philosophy, and, heck, anything worth rambling about.

Hopefully this will help bring cohesion to my sporadic (sometimes chaotic) thinking and allow me to draw influences from a greater breadth of experiences and sources, as opposed than the limited number creative sources that actually currently end up influencing my work.

Perhaps it inevitable that blogging becomes integrated with art as they both deal with the expression of the self. Art is life, and like the (good?) blogger, the (good?) artist never gets a day off. (I stole the gist of that quote off someone I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment